JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Kingdom

Oh man...I found this gold iPhone 6 on the floor, but I don't know what to do with it... You know
 
what... Let me take it home and from there I will see what needs to get done...Woah woah woah...
 
What am I thinking? This is not what God wants me to do... This won't lead me to heaven... God is
 
always in my mind. I don't want to disappoint. God will give me a greater reward in his Kingdom...
 
Wait, what am I talking about? This is the iPhone 6, a once in a lifetime opportunity to get...I have to
 
take advantage of this and not let this slip away, for this could be a good opportunity to show my
 
friends that I have the latest technology. This is crazy. Who would leave something like this so
 
valuable and not come back for it?... Are there any cameras here?...I don't want to look suspicious...
 
Now I know... This is a test from God... God wants to see what I will do... Will I do the right
 
thing?...I don't want to make a bad record for myself... But this is one thing...I can take this as a gift
 
from God and I will not reject it... This is too valuable to give up...I will take it... Or will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment