JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, January 22, 2015

If You Were Him

       So I have to suffer? Well, if it must be done... But couldn’t there be another- there must be

another way! Can't God, my father, find a better way to clean all the people of their sins?  Does he

intend of having His son, His only son, suffering for... For.... His people. Oh, my people... How could

I talk about my own suffering without thinking about the suffering of my people? Maybe that's

why God wants me to do this? But still... How are my people watching my suffering going to take

away their sins. Is seeing how I suffer going to cause them to think more about what they do? Wait, I

think I get it now... You want me to sacrifice myself so that the world can see that God is willing to

sacrifice His son for them?... I don't think I'm willing to suffer and die even for the most righteous of

things...

No comments:

Post a Comment