JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

jesus baptism

Kendel Conte-Saunders 1/9/15
Father Albert religion 2


I am not ready… I can’t believe God wants me to do this… Is this a punishment or


is this the real thing?... … I feel as if this is just the beginning of major pain and

suffering to come… If only there was a more painless answer …  Maybe then I

could’ve avoided this…  But I don’t think God would want me to go through with a

disgraceful action… Well then… This sacrifice is for the greater good…my mission

is clear now… thank you God... for making me go through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment