JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

JESUS' REVELATION


My eyes have been opened... My destiny revealed...Death? Should I be afraid?...I’m the son
of God...The chosen one.. I’ll accept my fate...It’s only right that I sacrifice my life for the
 
greater good... But… No! No buts... I’ll help my people and obey my father's wishes...He
 
knows best...Although it is a mighty task, I’ll follow it... I'm made for this… or am I? This is too
 
much for one man to handle! I should be allowed these feelings… I am just a simple
 
carpenter. Although I've heard the word of God, I am still a bit uncertain on how to go forth
 
with my task...Yes I want to help my people but...I’m scared of dying for everyone's sins

when I have tried hard to not commit any. If God tells me to do it then it must be right… Why

am I still questioning the word of God?… Hopefully it will come to me that this is the right thing

to do soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment