JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Interior Monologue The Baptism of Jesus

Othman Muhammad                                                                                         January 19. 2015
Religion II                                                                                                         Block 2
Interior Monologue
The Baptism of Jesus

            Heck! To think yesterday I was a simple carpenter... Now I am the son of God... I am scared... Lost... I don't know what to do... Out of everyone in the world why was I given this burden?... Wait, will I fail my father?... Will I be successful in my quest?...And death... Do I really have to die for my people?... What type of father sends his son to die?... I wish to escape this fate... Why should I have to risk my life for people who won't be grateful for my contributions in the long run?... No... No.... I must stop acting selfish... My father, my abba selected me for this task...I shall no longer look at this task as a burden...Wow!... Just to think... Growing up all that scripture was about me... I have no time to think about that now... I have to start working to accomplish my abba's quest... It's my job to deliver my people from sin, as... the Messiah.... But how?...

No comments:

Post a Comment