JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Charles Findlay                                                                                                                 2/12/15
Religion 2                                                                                                                        Fr. Albert
Interior Monologue #2


Wait what’s that?.. A gold chain!.. My lucky day.. I've always wanted one of these… but whose is it… Its probably Luke’s.. Now that I think about it, he was talking about this in the hall… Wait, I don’t care if it’s his...I’m not even that close to him… He’d take my things if I left them out… Wouldn't he?... If he had loved this chain so much he wouldn't be so careless with it… Plus, no one will know if I take it... But what's stopping me from taking this.. Is it my conscience?… I remember learning in religion that my conscience is Jesus’ voice... Why now?.. In a way, I am doing the right thing... Aren't I? I’m teaching him to be more responsible with things he likes… But would I like for someone to do that to me?.. No, I wouldn't… Why am I going on like this… Do I really need a gold chain?.. There’s so much more important things I could really use… Wait!.. I could sell it. I bet I could make some money off this… But do I really need money?.. My parents get me anything I want... So what's the point?… I wouldn't steal from my brother in Heaven, so why am I so willing to do it here?… Thank you God for opening my eyes… Now let me go find Luke...

No comments:

Post a Comment