JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kingdom Monologue

Othman Muhammad                                                                                                  
February 12, 2015
Religion II                                                                                                                  
Block 2
                                                             Kingdom Monologue 

Wait?... What's that on the floor?... Oh my God! Those are the new foamposites... Thank God! I've wanted these since Christmas... But wait... What's that?... There is an address on the bottom... Is this where the person lives?... Should I return the shoes?... My parents wouldn't buy me these. This may be my only chance... Why? Why me?... This situation is making me sick to my stomach!... The thought alone of how could I steal shoes?... I couldn't bear to steal someone's shoes... Who am I to take something that doesn't belong to me?... This is against my morals, my principles!... But am I really in the wrong?... Maybe he didn't want them... Clearly the owner didn't care about them... Yea! That must be why he left them... If they were my shoes I would take better care of them... No! I must stop this selfish behavior!... God said blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see him... If I keep on thinking like this I won't see God... Heck! This might even just be a test... Let me stop thinking about these shoes and do what's right... Even though this may be my only chance to get foamposites, I have to do what's right... If stealing isn't allowed in the kingdom of God, then why should I do it?...

No comments:

Post a Comment