JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Kingdom Monologue

I don't know what to do... I don't want to fail this final.  If I do, it's all over for me... I
 
won't get my 4.0 GPA... I promised my parents I would... Should I just get the answer
 
from him? Or should I just fail this thing?.. But the reward I'll get for getting perfect grades...I
 
could ask my parents for anything I want, The teacher won't know I cheated... Only I'll know
 
that I cheated. But I've never cheated before... I know its not the right thing to do, but it
 
won't hurt me doing it once. Will it? No, it can't. If anything it's benefiting me. I can ask for
 
anything I want.. I can get the latest game I've been wanting, or I can get those really nice
 
sneakers I saw last week... But will I be able to carry this in my conscience forever? But I'm
 
sure it'll go away sometime. But my parents always told me that it was wrong to cheat. That's
 
why I never did it before... I'm really stuck here. I don't know what to do... Should I help my
 
self and just get the answers , and ask my parents for something I really want, or do I just
 
forget about those answers and just fail this thing and not get anything?... What am I saying?
 
This is not what God wants. This is going against everything I've been taught. If I do the
 
wrong thing everything I learned was for nothing...I know I'll have a  good conscience if I
 
don't do it, but I really want that game... I've been wanting this for the longest... I'm really
 
struggling. I don't know what to do. I really wish I could have both. Should I impress my
 
parents and get rewarded for something that I didn't really achieve on my own, or do I fail this
 
one final and keep clean reputation?

No comments:

Post a Comment