JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, February 26, 2015

I can say no... And my parents have always told me not to do drugs.  But my friends will think I’m

boring and not talk to me anymore.  I want my the acceptance of my peers, but I want it from

God more... When I became a Christian, I became aware that my body is a work of God and to be

respected at all times.  Aw man!  Here they come with the blunt.  What do I do! I’ll just say no...No

I'll say yes... Maybe I should just lie and say some emergency came up... I’m not a liar though.  I'm

sure God will understand and agree that this is a good time as any to disregard that rule...But what

if he wants me to be honest and not hide my faith?  But if they disapprove of my faith, I may resent

them for it, which is not allowed in the kingdom of heaven.  I'm so confused and here they are

beginning to take pulls. I cant believe I just may surrender to peer pressure..Say no...Say no...Say

no!  God will give me the strength to hold my own and not succumb to peer pressure...  I am sure

of it! My turn is next and I will just say no...Here it goes…I did it! I did it! They don't seem to care

much either...I took a leap and landed on my feet! They did not pick on me or call me a punk...I

guess its because I left my fate in God's hands in the end...I'm truly happy and able to say that I

love God and my faith...No matter what happens I will always stand firm in my beliefs.  Or will I?...

No comments:

Post a Comment