JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Thursday, March 12, 2015

KIngdom Monologue

This person in front of me dropped a $100.00. Should I take it or tell him? Think of all the stuff I could buy. That would be the $100.00 I need for the my moms medicine that she needs. That could be the money I need for Dad's birthday present… Wow! He would be so happy.  He would be. I should take it… What if he needs that money? What if that is his lunch money for this week? Am I going to make someone starve for my own selfish gain? Did he owe someone this money? The right thing to do would be to give the money back … But if I had that money, I would be $100.00 less in the hole… Obviously, if he did not care about the money in the first place … Who drops $100.00 if they wanted to keep it?  Maybe I should leave it ? If I don’t want to take it why should I? What would God do at this point?… Should I or shouldn't I?...

No comments:

Post a Comment