JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pilate monologue

No! Why do I have to be the one to make this decision? This has to be the hardest decision I have
 
ever made in my entire life. I'm so confused.  I don't know what to do? I know the truth about
 
Jesus. I know he is innocent. I know I'll be able to forgive myself if I was responsible for putting
 
someone's life at stake, and die because of it, but I don't want the people to start a big riot. It will ruin
 
my reputation.  Everyone would find out that I'm not good enough to be in this position.  It will show
 
I have no control over the people. Man I think I'm screwed. I can't put a man's life at stake for
 
doing nothing wrong, but if I don't do what the people want, my whole reputation could be ruined.
 
Man I wish there was a way to get out of this situation.  I regret ever being in this position, so what
 
should I do now?...

No comments:

Post a Comment