JESUS' AHA! MOMENT

Here are some interior monologues by Jesus just at the moment when he came up out of the Jordan after being baptized by John. He sees the dove and hears the voice from heaven saying, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him" These latter words are a citation from Is 42:1, and Jesus recognizes them as being about the mysterious "Suffering Servant" who will suffer for his people. The assignment is to write about Jesus's reaction, his "Aha! moment."

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pilate before the crowd

           Those stupid idiots!... WHY! WHY!... What fools to cast death on an innocent man?!...  Who

could be so blind to kill an innocent man?!... These fools make me sick!... Now I have to pass

judgment on Him...God! Why! Why me?... Why must you put me in this situation?!...Who am I to

pass judgment on an innocent man... I'm just a simple governor... If he dies, His blood is on my

hands... Darn it!... Their shouting isn't making this any easier!.. What am I to do?!... God help me!...

If I don't act soon, I'll look weak... This time this pressure... UGH! I don't know what to do... It's

either I give him up or I'll die... Rome doesn't tolerate weak leaders... Spies will leak information than

I'll be done... God show me the light!... Something!... Please!... I need anything from you right

now!...Wait! I GOT IT!... If I give him up the blood isn't on my hands... I'm not the one holding the

knife... I don't want him dead they do... But still....

No comments:

Post a Comment